Samaritan Health Services (OR), a non-profit integrated health care delivery system has an opportunity for a Health Psychologist.
Samaritan Health Services is seeking a Health Psychologist to join our in Newport, Oregon. Samaritan Pacific Communities Hospital, located in Newport, Oregon, United States, is a community-based 25-bed critical access hospital.
Our award-winning health system provides exceptional primary care and a range of specialty services throughout the mid-Willamette Valley and Central Oregon coast. The network serves approximately 300,000 residents in Linn, Benton, Lincoln and portions of Polk and Marion counties. Our skilled providers have a passion for building healthier communities through world-class, compassionate health care.
- Consult and collaborate on a multidisciplinary team to provide integrated on-site care, recommendations, and feedback to medical providers and allied staff
- Have a clearly distinguished role from specialty mental health therapist practice model
- Practice in a population based practice management strategy with flexibility to be interrupted to respond to urgent/emergency situations and “curb-side consults”
- Utilize brief behavioral visits (20-30 minutes), limited to 1-6 visits, which are provided in the primary care practice area and are seen as a routine primary care service
- Provide assessments, screening, or intervention services for 8-10 patients per day with the primary goal of assisting the primary care providers with identification, treatment, and management of mental and behavioral health concerns.
- Doctoral Level Degree (Ph.D. or Psy.D.) in clinical psychology from an APA accredited institution
- Health Psychology emphasis preferred
- Current Oregon Licensure or license eligible (Psychologist post-doctoral residents will be assessed on a case-by-case basis)
- 2 to 3 years of experience in Health Psychology
- Knowledge in working with patients who have chronic health conditions
We offer an attractive salary plus incentives, relocation assistance, possible loan repayment, paid malpractice, CME days plus allowance, Electronic Medical Record (EPIC) and a competitive benefits package.
Physicians and their families will appreciate the abundant outdoor recreation opportunities available in the Willamette Valley, as well as proximity to the pristine Oregon Coast, the Cascade Mountains for snow sports, and Portland, Oregon’s largest city – all within two hours! Come experience the unmatched quality of life that our area has to offer.